Saturday, September 1, 2007

Marfy 1101 - sleeve slit construction

My first Marfy patterns is finished. I'm reasonably happy with the result of this pattern. The blouse is not quite my style, but I have a better idea of the size, and now I'm more confident to use a Marfy pattern, that's the happy me. A full review is on PatternReview.

As this is a simple blouse, I had no problems with the lack of instructions, and for most sewing issues I think there are enough books or other information (Internet, PatternReview) to be found to solve construction problems. So I'll use Marfy patterns more.


A little info on how I made the sleeve slit.






1. Fuse a little fusible interfacing to the end of the slit, then cut the slit


2. With right sides together stitch a length of bias cut fabric to the slit, folding the sleeve as in the picture, and take care not to stitch the fold. I find it helpfull to make the bias strip a bit wider at this first step.


3. Press the bias strip towards the slit, cut it to a smaller strip (twice the finished width) fold and pin to the slit.


4. Topstitch the slit, this is now finished.


Here a picture of finished sleeve slit with cuff.

4 comments:

  1. Sigrid, this blouse is gorgeous! As a novice sewer I love your detailed photos and explanations - I can learn a lot. I'll definitely be back to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blouse turned out beautifully!
    Did you have to do very much to get it to fit so well?
    The stripes look really smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the button placement on your shirt!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!