I decided that after all the time it took me to understand this pattern, I'd better make it. When it was published in the September issue, I immediately liked it, and several times was on the point of making it.
So I took out some very dark blue linen from the fabric collection and cut it. The pictures got a bit of extra light, otherwise you wouldn't have seen a lot. My dressform certainly is a lot smaller in the waist and hips than me, but you'll get the idea. There's a lot of extra fabric space in the hips here, that's not on me!
I quite like it, it's different, but very wearable I think.
In the course of this week I'll put the lining in and add the waistband, perhaps I'll manage a picture on me, but as we'll be leaving for a holiday next Saturday, this week will mostly be finishing work, visit the dentist for a treatment that will remove the last pain I've been suffering (after days it finally was clear that a molar was the cause, while x-rays didn't show anything) and preparing for leaving to the UK.
After my return I'll start the lingerie sew along, stay tuned and see you in May.