First pictures of the jacket in two different outfits. I already see that I shall use this jacket a lot.
A few detail pictures. I love the lines of this pattern and am glad I didn’t do the topstitching to the dart. It’s good as it is. The fit is quite good, but not perfect. My sewing teacher still saw a few things that could be altered, mainly in the sleeve area. That was a difficult part because of the space and the fact that denim is difficult to ease. I took out quite a bit out of the top of the sleevecap.
I made the following changes to the pattern (after morphing two patterns together):
- vertical darts in the back
- made the center back seam narrower
- more shaping in the waist
- given a bit more space at hip height
- lengthened the sleeve
As said above, the fabric is a black, non stretch denim, the lining a piece I had in my collection.
For the topstitching I used Gütermann upholstery thread, topstitching needle and extra stitch length. For the buttonholes I used the same colornumber, but normal thread quality. General sewing was done with a jeans needle.
Oh, and I almost forgot: for the sleeve I used the instructions for the Jalie jeans jacket (especially the topstitching part of it). I rememered that I loved these instructions and took them out to use here.
All pictures can be seen here.