Saturday, September 15, 2007

Burda 09-2007-115: difficult

On Friday I hoped to have enough time to sew a new Burda pants this weekend. But it does not alway go as you want. First I have a presentation on Monday morning of a program I'm making for a new customer, and yesterday afternoon a part of this did not stand the test at a second computer here (did I ever tell you we have four in our house (which is also my office)!). This meant working today, instead of a lot of other things, one of which was sewing.
But fortunately, the problem was solved this afternoon, so I'm confident that the presentation will work out well and I could clear my head and think of other things.

Tonight I managed making a tiny part of Burda 09-2007-115 pants, which I like for the special pocket. I sewed one pocket in an evening! It's a difficult construction, and the way they tell you to do it is probably right, but without pictures it was difficult to make sense of it. I did everything wrong and ripped every seam at least once. Then when I made the buttonhole, that went wrong too, after the first on a scrap of fabric was perfect! Just not my lucky weekend I guess.

Will try to make pictures of the construction when I make my second pocket, which might be helpful for others who want to make this pants.

3 comments:

  1. I *do* want to make these pants. Photos when you have a chance would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely had days like this! I think this style of pant would work for me, so I 'll be interested to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words. These are fabulous pants. I think I'll watch how you figure it out before I tackle anything like this!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!