Edited to add: I've made a pdf file for these instructions. You can find it here.
As mentioned when I started this blog, I like to make a tutorial on making a bra. Today I will start with what you need to make a bra.
- Lycra (0,5 mtr makes usually one bra and two panties)
- Lace, with or without stretch. I usually buy 1,5 to 2 meters, but that is for panties too.
- Wire casing
- Narrow elastic for the lace in the upper cup
- Shoulder strap
- Elastic for lingerie (usually decorated with loops)
- Tule, only a small part necessary, used behind the tab center front
- Hook and eye closing
- Strap slides and rings
- Decoration for center front and at straps (optional)
- Cotton, only needed if you make panties too
- Wires (not in photo)
- (Fusible) interfacing for cup (also not in photo)
mainly for larger busts, must stretch a bit. I use special interfacing for lingerie, but could not find it on the internet.
And of course you need a pattern. There are several patterns available on the internet. I use my own made to measure pattern and have experience with patterns of Merckwaerdigh (Dutch) and Sewy (German), but can't recommend a pattern in the English language, by lack of experience.
Perhaps others can help with their experience.
Link to post no 2