Friday, January 25, 2008

Storyboard in Powerpoint

No sewing this week, hopefully this weekend there will be more of that, I have a lot of plans. First the jeans for DD (she has come to the conclusion that she lacks time and skills to do that). And after that, so many plans that I can't decide what to start first.

As a result of a question asked on Pattern Review, I offered to make a tutorial "how to make a storyboard in Powerpoint". I made that last week (for Windows computers, apologies Mac users), and it can be found as pdf-file here.
Powerpoint is not a tool with which you can change a lot of things at the pictures/images you use, but a basic storyboard with a picture like this is very well possible.

Further I'm almost finished editing my bra making tutorial as a pdf-file (in which I now see that the hook/eye closing had been totally omitted in my blog version, how stupid is that).

And.... I've changed the look of my blog. What do you think of it?

Q/A: NancyK asked which fabric I'm going to use for the knock-off jacket. I have found a fabric, but it might be a little too thick. The jacket has binded edges, thus a lot of layers there. Next week I'm going to try another store. The pattern (BWOF) I'm tracing also this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I found your tutorial for getting pictures from Burda's and other's websites excellent and easy to use. I am almost ready to make my SWAP storyboard (I think I've committed to making a SWAP!) and this will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I can't wait to see your bra making pdf - I've been going over your separate bra pages in preparation for my first one! And I like the new look, it's clean and simple (even though I usually see you via my RSS reader!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh! Yes, I like the new look of the blog.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!