Sunday, January 27, 2008

Done a lot

English Nederlands

This was a weekend I did a lot, not only sewing, but let's restrict it to that. Yesterday evening a lot of preparing work was done, I cut:
  • Wrap top January BWOF again
  • Pants from an older issue of BWOF
  • Muslin for jacket no. 104 of January BWOF
  • Muslin for knock-off jacket (also a BWOF pattern)
  • And traced and cut pattern for another blouse of the January issue.

Can you tell that I love BWOF and this January issue especially? More about that later.

Today I did some work on the Knip Mode-jeans for my daughter, not really a favorite project.
I just don't like sewing jeans. This is a high waist version. A lot of details still have to be added in the waist area.


Further I made the wrap top again. Some time ago I ordered the fabric (a mesh knit) from EmmaOneSock and when it arrived I found the print really nice. But it's very sheer and it has more stretch than other mesh knits I've worked with. So I was long in doubt what to make of it. Then Summerset wrote about her version of this top, also using a mesh knit. She used a flesh colored lining. This idea I have now copied, only I took a green knit lining from the color of my fabric, as flesh color was not available. The result is this.



Earlier I cut a muslin for the McCalls shell. I took my high bust measurement as leading point for the size. The pattern has all sorts of instrctions to alter for fit, including a fba.
Well, this muslin fit perfectly (!) on the bust, but is too wide everywhere else. On the size chart 14 is for a bust of 92 cm, on the pattern it says (only looked for it now, should have done that before) that the finished width is 104 cm. That's 12 cm ease for a shell top. I think I'll stick to BWOF in the future. Must look for the finished width for the sizes 10 and 12, and remake this muslin :-(



Een weekend waarin ik veel gedaan heb, niet alleen met naaiwerk, maar laat ik me daartoe beperken. Ik heb geknipt:
  • Overslag top van Burda januari nogmaals
  • Broek uit een ouder nummer van Burda
  • Proefmodel van jasje no. 104 uit de januari Burda
  • Proefmodel voor het jasje dat ik ga namaken (ook Burda)
  • En ik heb het patroon van een bloes uit de januari Burda getekend en uitgeknipt.

Je begrijpt, ik ben dol op Burda patronen. Later in deze post meer hierover.

Vandaag heb ik wat aan de jeans voor m'n dochter gewerkt (uit Knip september), niet echt een favoriet project, ik vind jeans naaien gewoon niet leuk. Dit is een model met hoge taille, en een aantal details moeten daar nog toegevoegd worden.


De overslag top heb ik nogmaals gemaakt. De stof (een zogenaamde "mesh knit", zou niet weten hoe dat in het Nederlands heet) had ik besteld bij EmmaOneSock en toen het arriveerde vond ik de print wel mooi, maar de stof is erg doorzichtig en heel rekbaar. Dus heb ik lang getwijfeld wat ik er van zou maken. Toen ik Summerset's beschrijving van dit model zag, heb ik haar werkwijze gekopieerd, en een gekleurde stretchvoering (eigenlijk een dunne lycra) gebruikt. Dit is het resultaat.



En verder heb ik een proefmodel gemaakt van een top van een McCall's patroon. Ik ben uitgegaan van de maat boven m'n borst, omdat dat een betere pasvorm geeft, vervolgens doe ik dan (normaal) een fba (full bust adjustment). Maar... dit proefmodel zat precies goed om m'n borst, maar verder overal veel te wijd. Uiteindelijk blijkt er 12 cm extra ruimte te zitten in het patroon ten opzichte van de maattabel. Wel wat veel voor zo'n topje.
Dus, in de toekomst meer Burda gebruiken, en dit patroon maken in 12 of misschien zelfs 10 (met fba).

9 comments:

  1. Another winner with your wrap top and the jeans look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a better mother than I am- those jeans look great. My daughter is still waiting for me to sew hers. I agree, that is one project I am not anxious to start.
    Your burda wrap top is wonderful! I also traced it off this weekend but did not have any fabrics big enough to use. I need to pick up a cheap knit remnant to sew a practice garment first.
    And your McCall's block - oh my! That is a project to save for a rainy day.
    All in all, lots of wonderful sewing coming out of your castle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! I love your new wrap top, I think I'm going to make another one of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wrap top came out really well. The green lining is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the wrap top is exquisite, I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top is great! What a nice mesh - might make a great bra overlay, too. Glad I could give you an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top is great! What a nice mesh - might make a great bra overlay, too. Glad I could give you an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wrap top is gorgeous, I've cut myself one last night too. I love that you used mesh, I'm thinking of making it at some point from onion skin.
    The jeans... I adore what I see so far. Why don't you like sewing jeans? You're so good at it

    ReplyDelete