Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Collar with stand - tutorial / Kraag met staander - uitleg


English Nederlands


As promised I've written a tutorial for a collar with stand, in the way it is described in David Page Coffin's book Shirt making. The main difference in construction from all methods I've seen is that you first attach the stand, and then the collar.
As it's become a very picture-heavy tutorial (more than 20 pictures), I made a pdf file for this that you can use. You can find the file here.
I will also try to upload the pictures to a public album, so that these can be viewed. It just takes to much time to upload it all to blogger again.



De kraag met staander op mijn bloes heb ik gemaakt met behulp van het boek Shirt Making van David Page Coffin. Het belangrijkste verschil met andere methoden is dat je de staander eerst aanzet, en daarna pas de kraag.
Deze methode heb ik uitgelegd in een pdf-bestand, dat je hier kunt vinden. Ik zal proberen de foto's ook in een openbaar webalbum te plaatsen, zodat je ze beter kunt zien. Het kost me gewoon teveel tijd om dit nu ook weer in blogger te plaatsen.
Het bestand is nu nog alleen in het Engels, mochten er onder jullie zijn die het graag in het Nederlands zouden hebben, laat het me dan weten.

7 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful tutorial on making a collar with stand. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I've yet to master. I'm bookmarking your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great tutorial. I'm looking forward to trying this technique... Attaching the stand first sounds more obvious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very interesting approach. I'm looking forward to trying it too.
    I sew the collar the same way you explain it in the tutorial, I've learned it by deconstructing RTW shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. I'll definitely try it on my next shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding! Thank you so much for putting this tutorial together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sigrid ! I've tried your tuto, and it's the method I've ever tried. My collars are now wearable !! Love them. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete