Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Answer to question

As a reaction on my last post Besosmom2 asked me how I would change the waistband for a RTW pants that is too big.
It's a lot of trust in my knowledge (thanks for the compliment) and I would like to answer, but my knowledge on alterations is not very good. I confess to prefer making new clothes to altering existing ones.
But what I would do is try to take out the extra width in the center back, and make an extra seam in the waistband. That is how I attach a waistband anyhow, with a seam center back.

If anyone who reads this has a better solution, please mention this in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. And you should have as much faith in yourself as all of us readers have. I for one am very appriciative of your explination of clothes making...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigrid, Dawn fron The Secret Pocket blog wrote a couple of blog entries on that type of alteration... I looked it up and here are the links: http://www.mysecretpocket.com/2007/05/taking-in-jeans-at-center-back-waist.html and http://www.mysecretpocket.com/2007/05/taking-in-jeans-at-center-back-waist-2.html

    Have a nice weekend, Sigrid!

    PS - I also prefer making new garments to alter existing ones!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!