Monday, July 16, 2007

Shorts likely to be a wadder




I'm not very lucky making my holiday shorts. Yesterday evening I wanted to make the most part of it, but got stuck in zipper closing.




First I made the fly-front zipper with the Sandra Betzina method, which is very easy. But after topstitching, I saw that the facing was not wide enough, thus the facing was not stitched. Did not check that obviously. And I already had stitched a part of the pocket lining when I sewed a zigzag stitch at the bottom of the topstitching. I just cut it out, this is not a high profile project anyway. No one will see the clip in the pocket seam :-).

But then the construction for the facing waistband . I confess that I thougth that it would be clear how to do this when I was ready for it, as the Burda instructions are totally incomprehensible here. But I got stuck. Just don't understand how it should be constructed.

No luck with these shorts. As this is only a cheap piece of fabric from my stash, I'll find another pattern and throw away this one.
I guess it says something that I did not find a review for these pants/shorts on PR.

1 comment:

  1. Grrr.. After seeing your great zipper job, I feel your pain from having to toss. How about adding some muslin extensions to the fly? They're such cute shorts, I'm cheering for renewed clarity on the waistband!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!