Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A personal SWAP

On PatternReview.com and some other sites there's a lot going on about SWAP. I certainly like the idea, but the rules for the contest do not suit me. Recently I have added quite a few fabrics to my stash that can be combined together or with clothes I already have. But not all fabrics match together. To make a new plan with 11 garments all to be combined is too much for me now.

My personal SWAP containes the following fabrics in the white/blue colors (to be combined with a dark blue jacket I have).

The white is a linen that will be the BWOF pants 109 from February 2006, it has a special closing on the waistband. I want to use the piped buttonhole technique for this from the class with Kenneth D. King I followed this week.

The "pucci" print is from EmmaOneSock. Beautiful drape and very suitable for Vogue 8323, view A.











This stripe I bought in a local sale, it has a fine metallic silver stripe in it that is not visible at the photo.It also has a bit of stretch and the stripes can be used vertical or horizontal.
I'm not sure yet which blouse I'll make from this. Might be a classic shirt (vogue 2634 with short sleeves), but not sure yet.

To these 3 I want to add a dark blue capri pants, but I'll have to find pattern and fabric yet.




This dotted black will be Burda blouse 127 from the March issue of 2005
I bought it to combine with the skirt I made from a Gorgeous things fabric with large dots a few weeks ago (see review of this skirt) but it can easily be combined with the white linen pants.





















Another combination is with beige (tan?) colors.

This is a beige linen that I will make into either a skirt or capri pants.
The blouse is a cotton stripe that is my next project. Burda March 2006, 104.
It can be combined with dark blue, turquoise (I do have pants in that color), light brown or green or dark pink (not really my color though).



This cotton stretch will combine with white, beige, brown, grey and black of course. Also for this fabric I have no definite plans, it will be a tee of some sort.

2 comments:

  1. All of these fabrics are sumptutous. You have a good eye for matching them. I too am thinking up a sort of SWAP of my own, but my colors are not as vibrant and bold as yours - I wish they could be, but right now I'm just trying to get the basic staples of a new wardrobe put together, then I'll branch out to more fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you will be branching out to more fun colors. If your basic things are ready just start with one fabric with some extra color. I assure you that my closet was not so colorful a year ago!

    ReplyDelete