Saturday, September 13, 2008

Jacket started

For the first time this week, I managed to spend some time sewing. Or better: cutting and preparing. I have cut the jacket, a pair of pants of the same fabric and a white blouse. The blouse is the pattern from the Knip September issue I showed earlier, the pants my TNT BWOF pattern. And then I started to sew something.

  

After thinking about construction of this jacket, I decided to use the stitch and flip technique for the lining. Bit of an adventure, as it's only the second time I use it. The second picture above is the result. The jacket parts are completely interfaced, as per Vogue instruction.

Hope to show more Sunday evening.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sigrid! I'm afraid I'm not very good at leaving comments, but I enjoy your blog and REALLY appreciate your list of tutorials, so I am passing on to you two blog awards that I received recently from Summerset. You may "pick them up" at my blog: http://afterthedress.blogspot.com
    Take care, Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the stitch and flip method? I am just braving the whole lining thing and am not so great at it yet so anything that might make this venture easier would be great !!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!