Sunday, September 28, 2008

A bra

It's been a long time since I sewed some lingerie. Too many other projects that took priority, but today I felt like making one.

This is the result, a partial band bra. I took pictures while constructing, and will make a tutorial soon. Some time ago I received an email asking for a way to make a front closing to a bra. I did reply that I had never made such a bra (though I'm one of those women closing my bra in front and then turning it to the back). I think that this is the type of bra that might be the solution to make a front closing. I wouldn't know how to do it on a full band bra.

But now (it's Sunday evening here) it's time to prepare for a working week.

10 comments:

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Sigrid,I rtruly like the fabric and fine details...very "nicely" made. Look foward to your tutorial.

LauraLo said...

Gorgeous. I missed your lingerie sewing.

Summerset said...

Pretty - you've just reminded me that I need to actually get started on a similar project for myself. It is on my list for this fall.

Isabelle said...

It's gorgeous Sigrid... So inspiring. I was thinking of making one this very afternoon!

Nancy K said...

YOu make the most beautiful lingerie!

Kat said...

Now that is a LOVELY bra! Move over Victoria's Secret...we got Sigrid's Secret

Simoneannemone said...

Wat heb je weer prachtige lingerie gemaakt!

Groetjes,

Saskia
(simoneannemone)

lorrwill said...

I am very much looking forward to your tutorial. I have supplies to sew a bra but not the courage.

nowaks nähkästchen said...

Very beautiful!

I've never done a front closure in a bra myself, but the technique is described in a (German) book: you just cut through the front middle, even on a bra with band, and put in hooks and eyes there. (considering seam allowances and the amount of gap between hooks and eyes.)

So far for theory, never tried myself.

Tany said...

What a beautiful bra!