My daughter asked me this afternoon if I wanted to be in the Guinness book of records. I started to make her a coat: McCalls 5513. It was cut on an evening this week and I started sewing this afternoon around 3 o'clock. First I asked her to try the body without sleeves, and a little later with sleeves. That was when she made the remark: the sleeves went in so smoothly, that it took me only 15 minutes to set them both in. So I was back to her "in no time".
It's a cute pattern, but the pattern sizing of McCalls is a mystery to me. In the dress that my daughter made we ended using 4 and would have used 6 for a non-stretch fabric.
For this coat I used the 10, and could have used a 12 (but it's not on the pattern I have). I sewed small side and sleeve seams.
I referred to the finished bust size on the pattern, that I never really noticed, untill Summerset told me in the comments some time ago.
The construction is not so difficult. I was short of about 5 cm of fabric, and cut the lining a bit longer. It's a balloon sort of skirt part, so that's no problem I hope. The back will remain plain, not my daughters idea of embellishment.
I lengthened the sleeves, and will not do a lot of