Sunday, February 10, 2008

Progress

English Nederlands

First I want to thank all of you who commented with nice words and tips on my last post about the unfortunate wash-event. I followed all links and did try to get the colour out with a special product, but to no avail.
This is a picture of the difference in colour (because I had a lot of fabric at the time, I made two bra's of the same lycra and lace combination, only half a year ago).

Well, it happened, I will be sewing new sets soon I think.


On to the really sewing related matters at hand. Not a lot of time for sewing, but the pleats in the knock-off jacket are ready. Here a few pictures. It's getting shape now, and I think I will have this ready by the end of the week.


Time to think about the wardrobe contest. I did a lot of snoop shopping (thanks for the links some of you posted in the comments, I have quite a few new bookmarks and ideas, but most of the ideas are for another time!) and the plan at the moment is the following, and I've not yet decided on the blouse yet.



The problem for me are the colors. It's impossible to make this all from fabrics I already have, as I don't have a large stash. Spring collections of fabric are only just coming in the shops here, so I have to wait a little. But it will make my decision and realisation time very short, I think I won't be able to start before the end of February, which makes my actual sewing time only two months (it has to be ready before the 26th of April for me, as we are then leaving for a little vacation in the UK!). Perhaps a bit too ambitious, but we'll see (perhaps I must write on my blog less, and sew more?)

A last shot: I love to grow some of my garden plants from seed. Today I bought some seed packets, and hope for of a good spring/summer to grow them.

Ik heb geprobeerd om de kleur uit m'n was te krijgen, maar dat is helaas niet gelukt. Zie hieronder het ongelukkige resultaat van vrijdag. Een half jaar geleden heb ik beide bh's gemaakt (ik had veel stof, en maakte twee verschillende van hetzelfde materiaal).

Het is gebeurd, binnenkort zal ik vast wat nieuws naaien, terug naar het echte naaiwerk. De plooien in het "namaak" jasje zijn klaar. Hier een paar foto's van het resultaat tot zover. Ik hoop het eind van de week af te hebben.


Tijd om aan de wardrobe contest op Pattern Review na te denken. Ik heb veel inspiratie op het internet gezocht en dit is het idee op het moment. De blouses/shirts zijn geen kant-en-klaar patronen maar afbeeldingen van internet-winkels, en de patroonnummers zijn de patronen die ik als basis wil gaan gebruiken.



Vooral de kleuren zijn het probleem op het moment. Ik kan niet alles uit m'n stof-voorraad maken, want die is niet zo groot. En in de winkels zijn nog niet veel voorjaarsstoffen aanwezig, dus moet ik nog even wachten met beginnen. Wel lastig, want dat betekent dat ik maar twee maanden overhoud om dit te maken.

Een laatste foto: ik vind het leuk om plantjes te zaaien. Vandaag een paar zaak-pakketjes gekocht. En nu maar hopen op een goed voorjaar/zomer om ze te laten groeien.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your lingerie. :( You sew such lovely underwear. Why don't you dye the "ruined" items? They won't be the colour you originally intended but you could have some fun. Dare I say, design opportunity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like very much how the jacket looks so far! Those tucks in the back are a very nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket is going to be fantastic! The tucks are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is going to be fantastic. You do such beautiful detailed sewing. I check your blog regularly to see what you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Love the jacket you're making!
    The detail work is so nice.
    and all the lingerie is awesome!

    ReplyDelete