Tuesday, February 5, 2008

knock-off jacket (2)



The first picture is the jacket I want to make for the PR knock-off contest, as I posted earlier. BWOF 11-2006-103 is the jacket I took as starting point. This mainly because of the collar and the puffed sleeve. Otherwise this jacket has not much similarities with the jacket I want to make. After making a muslin this weekend (I'll post a picture later of DD with muslin)I adapted the pattern further.
There was a moment that I regretted my promise, as this was no easy task.
For the sleeves I looked at Vogue pattern 2896, which has the same cuff.


Tonight I sewed the back and part of the collar. The edges have binding, which I haven't often done, as


8 comments:

  1. Looking very good - you're going to have a gorgeous jacket when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of the binding you could do topstitching. I think it would pass...unless you really want the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuk!
    Maarre, waarom niet meer in het Nederlands?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigrid, with your skills, talent, patience and imagination, I am sure this is going to turn out wonderfully. I am in awe of your creativity and abilities!

    (I had a wonderful time in Amsterdam! Tot ziens!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow all those pintucks are going to be a challenge, too! Looking good so far, though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You named it that's a challenge. I'm sure you'll manage though ;o)it already looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shirt is going to be so stylish. Can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!