I finished my second muslin for my knock off top. My first muslin you can see in this post.
This time I used a cotton knit, which had less drape than the first fabric for the muslin, which you can see clearly. And I sewed one seam on the front to the outside. Well, it's only a muslin.
I took out a bit too much width in the top of the back and could take out a bit more in the lower back. The most important change is the space I took out in the lower part of the front, this is an improvement to fit. With a fabric that has more drape, a centimeter or two added at bust level and a bit added to the back I think I can make it from a good fabric. Now to find a good knit with a lot of drape!
Speaking of fabrics. Today I received my fabric from Textile Studio Patterns, which is the prize I won for the jacket in the Knock off contest on Pattern Review in March. Its a beautiful fabric. Marsha (of Textile Studio Patterns) doesn't say too much with this description: "Bundles of tan, latte & gray threads are randomly woven through a soft white boucle ground. Simply stunning!"
My daughter said: "That's a cool fabric mum, and those colors are beautiful". Those of you with teenage daughters know that is a huge compliment.
(And let me add that it's nothing to do with Marsha that I received this fabric end of May! It took me a long time to decide which fabric I wanted, and then asked her to delay sending it till after my holidays).