As some of you have seen already, I finished my shirt and published a review on PR. I really was happy about my third attempt at the collar, it was sewn by machine on one side (the inside collarband to the inside of the shirt) and handstitched on the outside of the collarband. Then there were only the cuffs to make and buttonholes and that went smoothly.
On looking at the picture I think that the front might need a bit extra width in the fba, but in wearing this shirt it doesn't bother me. A few more pictures you can find here.
Now I will sew a few easy shirts. The first one was already made yesterday evening. A simple Jalie shirt with collar. Sewn in an hour, not special at all, no pictures to share yet.
Tonight I wanted to cut a black top with draped collar. But after fussing with the pattern of Butterick 4606 and combining it with the Jalie t-shirt, found that the fabric didn't have as much drape as I thought. The reason for using the Jalie pattern as basis was that I wanted to make a collar stay, as described in Claire Shaeffers book. I made the Butterick top last winter, but it was not completely right. I wore it a few times, but it could have better fit and drape. I found it too difficult to make a stay based on the Butterick pattern (did not know how to fold the pattern back in the right shape to use), so chose a pattern which I know fits me well as starting point and convert that.
The Jalie pattern without alterations can now be used for drafting the stay.
(the black line is traced with a mouse in a picture editing program, not very stable line)