Thank you for your suggestions on my sewing machine problem. This weekend I will make another undie for my daughter and will try the solutions. I think it must have something to do with pressure and/or feed dogs, possibly in combination with a hump in the fabric. The lycra I used is very slippery as well, perhaps that has to do with it too. I’ll let you know how it goes. Lilian even had problems solved with changing a light bulb, that is quite special (btw Lilian, I’m missing your blog, hope you do get some sewing done and just don’t feel like blogging, I know that happens).
This is the bra I made for my daughter. It has preformed cups in a rather dark color. The lace is a bit open, I covered the cups with the lycra that you saw in the thong and then covered the lycra with lace.
Pinning it on the dressform gave a little dent in the right (left in the photo) cup, it’s really smooth over the whole cup.
While I need a strong support in the band, that’s not the case for my daughter, so a regular, rather straight band is ok for her.
The inside. I used some thin, stretch interfacing under the band because of the open structure of the lace. It will also give a bit of extra support. I find the lace on itself not stable enough for a band.
DD preferred rtw for a while, but now said she would like me to make a few more sets. Good we bought some more fabric and notions .