Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finished jacket photos

I must admit that when I see the photos I’m less satisfied than I am with the real thing. Wearing it and moving in it is different. The photos seem to highlight every little thing and even show things that I don’t really see or notice in real life. I’ve seen a blogpost by someone else some time ago who said something similar. It’s disappointing a bit.
But I will show them anyhow, thinking that it’s good to see the finished project and for myself to see the improvements next time I make a similar jacket. I might even make the same one in another fabric that shows the design lines better.
Let's start with the part that is no longer visible. The front was interfaced for stabilty, the other details are exactly the same as described in this blog post.
 
The back stay is from silk organza.

The details that are hardly visible when wearing:
The strip of the lapel collar was extended to the facing (let’s pretend not see the extra wedge I had to sew in Knipogende emoticon)

The collar as Burda drafts them often, with an extra insert.



And finally on me:


The design lines in the back ar lost.



To conclude: I will do a few things a bit different next time, but I’m really happy with this jacket and the process to the finished garment.

24 comments:

  1. The jacket looks lovely. The lining is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful. I aspire to be able to sew like that one day...well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigrid your jacket is beautiful! The design lines at the back add lovely shaping, as does all the tailoring on the inside. It fits to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and the fit is great. Very, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. The topstitching is a beautiful touch. I don't know if you got a haircut or I'm just not that observent normally, but your hair really suits you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful jacket! Well worth all the work you did to create this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful jacket, Sigrid! I'm sorry that you have a bit of disappointment with it, because it's really wonderful. Maybe after a bit of time, you will feel differently. I *really* want to copy your collar detail with the bias self trim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO beautiful! Our own noticing of the details we don't like seems so common...others will nearly always focus on the beauty of the details they do like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful. The fit is spot on and I love the lining.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fantastic on you (and I love your haircut!). Jackets and coats often have to spend time "curing" in my closet. I wonder if it is all the work and time I put in them; it's too tempting to see every nook and cranny of what isn't right when they're done. I hope you are able to come back to it and really enjoy wearing it because it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh love it and the lining is really cute - I know exactly what you mean about things showing up in pictures that you don't see in real life - its not fair, however your eye is likely to be far more critical than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely jacket. I really like the subtle, but unique bias strip trim on the lapel. And the fun lining.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dat is een mooi jasje geworden en hij staat je ook heel erg goed.

    Corina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous jacket and all your wonderful tailoring makes it even more so. Enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean about not seeing what the camera sees. It seems so disappointing after really liking it in real life. And that's how everyone else sees it; not what the camera sees. The jacket is perfect for you; the scale and proportion are flattering. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you should be satisfied with this project. If you want to change anything for future jackets from this pattern, you might take some fullness from the upper arm. Otherwise it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so lovely and chic, Sigrid. The details may not be super noticeable, but understatement is very appealing. Love your lining!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Het jasje ziet er super uit en het past je erg goed. Erg inspirerend om het proces te volgen. Complimenten en bedankt!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopefully some time in the magic closet will lessen your laser focus on any perceived flaws. I think it looks gorgeous and don't see anything I would change! The proportions are perfect for you and all the special details make this a triumph.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your finished jacket is beautiful. Well worth all of the time, hard work and energy you put into making it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete