Saturday, July 13, 2013

Progress made

 

I’m getting there, I made a mistake tonight and held my breath for a moment. Then I realised that it was only unpicking and sewing a new seam, nothing really dreadfully wrong (remember I have not a piece of fabric left). I corrected the mistake  prior to stopping sewing, so that I can start with inserting the sleeves tormorrow. The most difficult things are done. I’m very happy with the lapel collar. I used the technique as decribed in Threads no. 68 by Jan Schoen. An adapted version was published in SewStylish in 2010, which article is online as well.

Further I’m a bit sorry the design lines don’t show very well in this fabric. Still like it though, the fabric is very “me”.

17 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous so far. I do know about those "holy cow" moments when you think something is terribly wrong and you wonder if you have enough fabric to fix it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great so far. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bias trim, nice and classy touch.
    this is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful detailing on the lapel and collar, Sigrid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking very good can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is looking fantastic, great crisp fabric and great crisp looking finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is very impressive. I love the bias trim on the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dat ziet er goed uit zeg mooi zoals je hem doorstikt ben benieuwd hoor als ie helemaal af is. Vind ook de stof die je gebruikt er mooi voor een jasje.

    Corina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks just beautiful. I really love that detailing strip on the lapel.. so interesting and immaculately applied :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lapels - they are so perfect! And the detailing is wonderful. This is going to be such an amazing jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those bias insertions are really, really cool. This is going to be another beautiful jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I add to the many compliments already made? Most aspects are covered and I agree that it is going to look wonderful. I do like that fabric though, is it a linen? The colour looks as if it will go with so many things. Yes, it up to your usual high standard: very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I add to the many compliments already made? Most aspects are covered and I agree that it is going to look wonderful. I do like that fabric though, is it a linen? The colour looks as if it will go with so many things. Yes, it up to your usual high standard: very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharp, beautiful stitching and yes, very you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good, Sigrid! Your jackets are always divine and an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great, Sigrid. I love how you topstitched the collar, v. creative.

    ReplyDelete