Friday, November 19, 2010

1 blouse done

But… no pictures yet, sidetracked again. Sigh, why do I do this? Because sometimes a pattern is so inspiring that you have to make it before finishing other things. Today I found a dark blue knit, bought 3 meters, washed it and put it in the dryer. Tonight I cut the pattern from the fabric and started sewing. Not finished, but will be tomorrow.

 

It looks black in the pictures, but it's dark navy blue.

 

For those of you who consider making this dress: try to get wide fabric. My fabric is 1.60 meter wide and this means you don't have to cut in a single layer as Knip mode shows with the 1.40 meter wide fabric they used. AND you can cut the main piece on the fold, which means you won’t have a seam in the collar. You still need 2.5 meters of fabric. Mine had shrunk considerably or wasn't cut to 3 meters initially, I didn't check before washing, but I ended up with 2.50 meter of fabric. This is the dress in progress. When it's finished, I have to sew buttons to the other blouse and hem a pair of black pants. End of the weekend I hope to have 4 (!) garments finished.

   

8 comments:

  1. Rayon knit? That always shrinks a lot. It's really looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting. Can't wait to see the finished product! What is the fiber content of your knit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh..you're making my favourite black dress from the last KnipMode! I've read the instructions over and over but somehow just don't get it. So it's nice to see it made up by someone else. It's looking good already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 garments finished!? love the way this dress looks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is looking good! I do like the pattern. You're having a productive weekend. I look forward to seeing your 4 finished garments. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great - a half metre is massive shrinkage!

    ReplyDelete