Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekender bag finished

Wow, I did it. The weekender bag is finished! I can't tell you how happy I am that this came to a good end after all. Technically I've sewn better things before, but the end result is not that bad. The "wrinkles" on the corners of the top I decided to keep. Design element...

If you would like to see all the pictures I made during construction of this bag, start here. Most pictures have a description of what I did at that stage of construction. I'll post a complete review later tonight at Pattern Review, the review is almost finished, but still some links to be added. It's quite a long review, so I'll  not post it here.

For the moment I'm completely done with bag making, and think that my next bag will be one from the stores.

Now it's almost dinner time here. Tonight I'm on my own, as DD is on holiday in Switzerland with a cousin for a week (Patrones skirt pictures on her will have to wait, she was too busy the last couple of days), and DH and DS are going to a soccer match.

Guess what I'm doing? Making a quick muslin for the BWOF February jacket/blouse and hopefully cutting that from the red linen I have for that. My mind is set to some spring clothes. the sun was shining today and the birds made it sound like spring is finally coming. Spring garment sewing is next on my agenda.

20 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! I know that this was a complicated and hard journey but the end result is sooooo fantastic! it is simply beautiful! And have a good time sewing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hxxx of a job this is, but it paid off in the end!

    I take my hat off for you :-),

    Jos

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME!!! I love purple handbags. Is working with faux leather the same as working with real leather? I am thinking that I might want to try working with the faux before I spend money of the real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag looks fantastic- congratulations! Love the faux leather and the lining is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!! Congratuations on getting it finished :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bag looks beautiful!You did an amazing job:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag looks fantastic, congrats for finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRAVO!!! You honestly give me hope! I'm waiting for my zipper. Oh, Sigrid, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun bag! I love your fabric with for the Weekender, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing your bag. It looks great. The blouse is really very flattering. I love the neckline on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, well, well - it turned out great after all the headache!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW that's fabulous!
    Glad you were able to finish it!
    I'm liking the jacket/blouse also.
    It was already on my list, but now it's moved up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks divine! So professional, the finishing is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats for finishing! It sounds like a tough project, but the results are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an achievement! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on finishing the bag. It's lovely. I can't imagine sewing through all those layers. Do your hands hurt? Mine would.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful bag! The color really works for all 4 seasons. Well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. divine. a good complement to their costumes and with the satisfaction of doing yourself. congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  19. My jaw just hit the floor ! This bag is great!!! You did an amazing job, congrats!

    ReplyDelete