Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finished

Not my weekender bag, though I'm certainly trying again in the next few days. I learned something new too: needle lube, as suggested by Kat. I didn't know something like that existed. How would that work? Would you occassionaly drop it on the needle? This will not be the first thing to try, but a new/other type needle might work.

And before I start working on February BWOF patterns (thanks for all your input on that too!), I had to finish a few other things that were started. Just felt I had to do this, and apart from the weekender bag there's only one UFO left (and will remain an UFO a bit longer).

The center is the Patrones skirt I made together with my daughter. It's a high waist pencil skirt from the 272 issue. I'll write a review when I have some proper pictures. The ling erie sets were only in need of matching panties.

imageAnd the jacket... this was started in 2006! It's vogue 2896, a now out of print Anne Klein pattern (she must be my favorite Vogue designer, I have 3 patterns for jackets from her). I think it's the pattern through which I discovered Pattern Review in November 2006.

That summer I bought this pattern and together with two American sewing books, it made me start sewing more for myself. I did finish it, but omitted the belt openings. I did make them, but it didn't suit me, and I closed the opening again.

I finished the jacket, it was in my closet and I didn't wear it. After some time I wondered why that was. And found out that the reason was that I was not satisfied with the sleeves. There were slight puckers which gave it a home-made look, while the rest is quite good and the fabric is high quality wool. I remember spending a lot of time on this jacket.

Well, it took me a very long time to actually do this, but this week I opened part of the lining, took out the top of the sleeves and sewed them in correctly, adding sleeve heads too. Now I must look for a way to make it look less formal.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sigrid,

    Your blog is great and your lingerie fantastic. I'm starting with panties first and was wondering if you had a pattern for these (they are so lovely with the lace sides). I've been experimenting with drafting a pattern, but not quite there yet. Thanks S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Everything looks beautiful. The lingerie is exquisite. I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you must feel great finishing up all those little things. All those small pieces are just lovely. Taking a break from the bag was a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lingerie is exquisite, which I have said before, but it needs saying again. Just gorgeous.
    I am looking forward to your review of the Patrones skirt, as I actually have that on my list, at least I think that that's the one.
    The jacket looks fabulous too. Those pesky little details are so annoying you must feel great to have finished them all up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Anne Klein too and have a few of her jacket patterns. Yet to make any of them up yet however..

    Love your jacket and it is just the type of thing I need for work. Well done on getting all the UFO's (except one) done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, your lingerie is stunning! With lingerie like that, who needs clothes LOL. Sigrid, have you ever thought of teaching a lingerie class at PR? I'm sure many of us would be interested in taking it. First the panty class, then the bra class. I don't really sew these fine fabrics much at all, but think maybe panties would be a little easier.

    If you ever try the needle lube, let me know. It's something I'd like to add to my stash for those just-in-case moments. I'm planning to go to JoAnn's during the next 2 months (coupon in hand), maybe they'll have it there. Or else it will be an online purchase. I saw in discussed/advertised in Threads right after I finished a nightmare wadder many months ago. Sure wish I would have seen it/tried it at the start of the nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigrid,

    I found this link:

    http://www.spinblessing.com/item.php?art=033262100218

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have been very busy, everything looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that Anne Klein pattern too and I hope to make it for spring. I just love the shape of that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigrid .- I love this jacket. I too am an admirer of Anne Klein models, as they are timeless and always fashionable.

    greetings, Paco

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!