Saturday, February 21, 2009

BWOF 02-2009-102, muslin

A quick update, I'm in a sewing mood. I managed the muslin tonight and was not disappointed. The muslin is a size 40, tapered down to 42 at the hips, but otherwise no alterations. The fit is good, though (as expected) a bit snug at the bust and the neckline a bit too low to be comfortable. I did an easy fba to add just a little extra room as described in the Palmer/Pletch book Fit for real people, made the neckline a bit higher and cut the fabric tonight.

11 comments:

  1. I just stopped by--you have been busy! The bad is lovely and the blouse muslin looks good! I'm glad you're in a sewing mood :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! This is one of my top picks from that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a little beauty - looks great so far and I have to mark it down as a potential project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a gorgeous jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you decide to line this, or make it more like a blouse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love that pattern as a blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigrid, did you decide to line your jacket, or are you making it a blouse. I'm having trouble with the lining, particularly the front facing. I'm going to email you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this cut on you, very flattering.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!