This week I started and finished the dress I drafted. I made a few changes to the pattern, based on the muslin and comments and am quite happy with the result.
Let’s start with some pictures of the dress as is and some of how I’ll wear this.
My intention from the start was to wear it with a belt.
A combination for the coming season. The weather here is not for sleeveless dresses.
And finally some pictures from the inside. I used a lining fabric with some stretch. It’s basically my sloper pattern with a straigh skirt. The facing for the back is a separate layer over the lining fabric, a method I use often.
The construction of the dress is the same as I showed last year for a sleeveless top. In this dress I added a zipper in the left side seam, to make it easier to get it over my head.