Thursday, January 15, 2009

Copying a pair of pants (4)

Here are pictures of the closing method for the pants. I made a zipper in the pocket.

 

This is the view when the zipper is closed.
Here you can see how it looks when I open the zipper. I laid a yellos paper behind the pocket to make the picture more clear.

I know the zipper is brown and my fabric grey. 
Others won't see the zipper at all , and the pants will be lined. I won't see much of the zipper when it's finished either.
The inside. The zipper is over the full length off the pocket. My hip and waist size have a difference of over 2 sizes. Therefor I need a  lot of opening space. I think you could make the opening shorter when the difference is not that big.

5 comments:

  1. Good progression here! Awaiting the final product :) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent progress! Thanks for showing the inside and the outside of the zipper - so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious solution! Can't wait to see the finished garment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigrid, I'm sure your pant's will look fantastic, can't wait to see them finished. Have a happy weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always skimmed over instructions on how to make a zipper opening in a pants pocket. Yours looks great. Can't wait to see the finished pants.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!