Monday, July 8, 2013

Jacket cut and set sewn

 

Tonight I’ve cut my jacket. I have just enough fabric. It’s a remnant piece of cotton/linen that I bought last year. Initially I thought I did not have enough, but repositioning the pattern pieces on the fabric solved that. Nothing may go wrong. There is just a bit left for the welt pockets and some strips along the lapel collar and on top of the welt. Whether that will be working is doubtful, as I have to sew a few pieces together to get enough length. If the seam is too visible I’ll have to change my plan and either buy a ribbon trim or not use any.

In between I’ve sewn this set. This time I used a Merckwaerdigh kit. It’s a bit different than my usual sets, I quite like it. It’s very comfortable.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new bra set pretty - I should make another bra soon. Glad you had enough fabric for the jacket is it grey? Will you line it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very unusual bra kit. So nice to make such a variety of bras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't need any more scraps of fabric! And love your new set. Very fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!