In November this Rick Owen top was discussed on Pattern Review. NancyK brought the top to our attention, and several ladies (I among them) wondered how this was made. First I thougth there was a twist of a kind, but this was not the case.
This is a summary of the points I noticed in this top.
One of the PR members, knows there as Goodworks, drafted an initial idea of how to start to make a pattern for this. Based on that idea I adapted the front of a basic Jalie pattern, and cut it from some leftover fabric and draped it to my dressform. It gets the idea of the original.
That was where I left off, because I had no fabric with enough drape to make it for real.
During the discussion on PR it appeared that there was a pattern for this top published in the Italian magazine Mia Boutique. Marita of the blog Paradise for me made this top from the magazine. She kindly showed the pattern piece, and to my surprise we were not too far off with the idea how to make this.
Below is what I did to the pattern. I'm thinking about making a sort of stay on the inside, to be able to make some hidden stitches to hold the pleats in place. And probably I will skip the long sleeves.
But as said, this project is to be made after my second ling.erie set. These pictures were already made some time ago.