Friday, November 14, 2008

Pants - front pocket

IMG_4175

The pocket in the front is ready. I started with Ann's instructions for the Vogue pants. But somewhere I  was lost (the reason is most probably me, not the instructions by Ann), and I went on following my own sewing sense. When I was ready I was not satisfied by the result. Uneven and the topstitching in one corner was 1 stitch off.

Time for the seam ripper, I'm not one for sewing without mistakes. And I couldn't let go of this and go on.

So, an hour later, this is the pocket. It's in the same location as the first one, I unpicked all. This is how it should be, I'm satisfied with the result, so I basted it in place for further construction.

I used lightweight fusible interfacing where the welt is sewn. And because I cut the welt on the bias, I interfaced the welt to prevent stretching.

IMG_4176 IMG_4177

6 comments:

  1. Much better! The time spent ripping and remaking was well spent. The second pocket looks as good or better than RTW. I wouldn't have been able to leave the first version, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman after my own heart:)) Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your perfectionism and patience really paid off. The pocket looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I would have had to rip it out too. The second one looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!