Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A new bra

bra front

It turned out to be very difficult to make good photos of this bra. These are the best shots I madebra side detail

The seam in the lace is hardly visible, don’t you agree?

bra shoulderstrap

I like the result but it was a pita to use this lycra for the bra. In my previous set I used a lycra with less stretch for the bra and this lycra only for the accompanying panties. Should have done that here as well. This lycra is thin and very stretchy. Add to that I had not the usual stable fabric I use to interface the under/side cup and used “old fashioned” tulle and there’s a recipe for difficulties during construction. Wearable, but a few pleats that I’d rather not have when this is on my body.

One panty to finish and then this set is ready.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the fabric was difficult to work with but the bra is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless of your issues, it's your usual stunning creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heel erg mooi het kant wat je gebruikt.
    Van de problemen zie je op de foto niets terug.

    Corina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came out adorable I love the lace placements! I also know all about difficult fabrics. I was trying to create one in my skin tone and the fabric was a mess. Never created I successfully to wear "out" ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may not be perfect, but it sure is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours and the lace is just perfect. I'm new to bra making - just over a year, but I am hooked! Great inspiration, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're bras are always fabulous. I am just starting in on the bra making journey ... haven't managed to find success yet. Your blog has been very helpful so far, the pdf you put together is fantastic. I'd like to join your http://lingeriesewalong.blogspot.com/ if it's still going as I don't think I can ever pick up too many tips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tigergirl, nice to know that my tutorial was helpful.
    Unfortunately the lingerie sew along has been closed quite a while ago.

    ReplyDelete