Today I took a day off. This is difficult for me, as I basically work from home. Work is never far away, and in the past months often extended till late at night. Long ago I intended not to work on Wednesdays, that day would be for me: sewing, visiting a friend, shopping etc. I'm trying to get those free Wednesdays back (at least for the moment).
So today I found a lot of sewing time, with nobody in the house you can do a lot.
In the first picture the result for my search of a basic pattern to start another pair of pants. This is the pattern that I'll use: BWOF 05-2006-108. The waistband is shaped and it's not too wide in the upper leg. I changed the pattern to bootleg by adding space at the bottom. The pocket flap will be changed to a welt as in the Vogue pattern, and I'll add welt pockets in the back. Thanks Summerset for reminding me of the extra attention black welts will give, and you said it so subtle, but this is indeed not what I want.
The pants are cut and they are ready for marking. No muslin as I have faith in BWOF patterns and my standard alteration. But I did cut generous seam allowances.
And do you think you've seen this blouse before? Yes, it's the same one Cidell is making. When she showed the picture on her blog, it reminded me, as I said in a comment on her post, that I promised to make that one for DD. I made the pleats long ago. See this post how I did them. In that post I said I would cut the blouse, but somehow that never happened. DD reminded me regularly of this blouse and today I made it. It needs hemming and buttons sewed on, and a good pressing, then it's finished. On DD's question how I came to do it now I answerd truthfully that I was reminded again by another blogger. She said it was incredible that I needed the post of someone on the other side of the world to really get it started. She was right, but it worked.