Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Sneak peek next project

BC0AD20F-3033-44BE-B0AF-522FBE6ADD64 (002)
It’s been many years since I made a pair of jeans. Six years actually! I don’t know why it took me so long. The jeans I made back then still fit me though they are only worn around the house nowadays. They have seen better days. I found a nice piece of denim that I bought quite a while ago too. The price tag said it cost me 11.50 euro. Realising that the pattern was there ready to sew and all notions needed were around I started on Friday evening and I can happily say it’s as good as finished now.
No project without a hiccup somewhere and this time the pockets had to be re-done. In a “it will work out” mood I thought I could topstitch the upper hem of the pocket without interfacing it, using a walking foot. I used water soluble stabilizer on part of the pocket, but not in the hem. WRONG idea. It stretched!!! Horrible, so I did the pockets again. Lesson learned.
A picture to show the difference.
IMG_1137 (002)

3 comments:

  1. Only a little hiccup, lovely save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had the extra fabric and the design is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice . Once you've got your pattern jeans aren't very hard.

    ReplyDelete