Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fabric trouble

I'm working on two knit tops, and have had a lot of problems with my fabrics.

The first one is Jalie 2562, a polo shirt that I made earlier this year.
A little change is the lengthened placket on which 3 buttons will be placed and I lengthened the sleeve from 3/4 to full length.
For effect the placket and collar are white, the buttons are black.

I bought the fabric earlier this year from a local shop. When I wanted to cut the fabric there were two holes in the fabric! Took me a lot of time to cut accurately and at the same time avoiding those holes.













The other top is a gathered neck tee from Ottobre, which was reviewed so positively by Sew4Fun. This is a fun tee, and so easy to make. Pictures tomorrow, as the seams still have to be made.
But also here fabric trouble: after pre-washing the fabric (I always do that) it had shrunk more than 10%, which meant that there was not enough fabric for the long sleeves I wanted :-(
3/4 sleeves it will be then.

Often I buy more fabric then needed, but not this time. Lesson learned: always buy a little more then needed, certainly with knit fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!