Thursday, July 30, 2015

Burda – April 1993

“Who saves something, has something” is a Dutch saying. The English equivalent is “waste not, want not”. I found an old Burda magazine yesterday evening when rummaging through a pile of magazines, searching for something else. I should be de-cluttering but this magazine is a keeper! I never made something from it, the pattern sheets were still attached. Probably because in 1993 I was pregnant with my first child and for a long time after that I did not really sew for myself.
Some things look so current (or classic?) that I would like to make them. I’m still undecided as to what my next project will be, so perhaps???
DSC_1330 DSC_1324
DSC_1329DSC_1326
DSC_1331
DSC_1323 DSC_1322
 DSC_1325
 DSC_1328

8 comments:

  1. WOW ... What a NICE find!!! I wish I had some of my patterns I gave away :( You live and you learn ... FIESTA ANYHOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice patterns – very classic styles. I especially like the pants. Lots of places for adjustments.
    Vancouver Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have quite a few old Burda's but none that far back. I like the vest/top. Looks very wearable now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vest top and jacket are my favorites. I also save old Burda magazines, but I only have a few that old. I prefer the new format where they have all the line drawing at a glance, but there are some gems in those old issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started sewing and collecting Burda magazines in 2001, and I still keep them. There are so many patterns I liked to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burda is like that, first look maybe nothing you like and then years later it seems to be very current, can't quite work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple yet gorgeous! And so elegant. I totally love what you're able to create with sewing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! I still have this magazine. Back in the day I remember making 2 of the dresses. Just made a great trapeze from a 1990's magazine.Carina? And I just keep thinking how classical the styles are, much better fit and all the while using wovens. Stretch fabrics were just coming into their own. Now we depend so much on stretch and negative ease for our fit. Thanks for this post, so glad I'm not the only one out there with a magazine collection. I did recently donate two creates of Burda, the ones with the gigantic shoulders. No matter what I will never do that again!

    ReplyDelete