Of course I still owe you a few pictures of me actually wearing the dress. After hemming the dress on the evening before leaving there was no time left to make pictures then. We attended a wedding in Paris and as it was a school holiday last week, we stayed a few days. Awefully cold in Paris at the beginning of the week. It was the first time we were in Paris with our children, so we did more “obligatory” sight seeing. I would have liked to go to the Yves Saint Laurent exibition, but didn’t make it. Another time, another exhibition….
The dress I combined with black. There was an Armenian church ceremony in the afternoon and I was unsure whether bare arms would be appropriate so I borrowed a black beaded shawl from a friend. The beads took up the color of the silk of the dress and was a good combination with black shoes and purse.
This is a picture from the day of the wedding.
The zipper is not perfect in the top, which is mainly due to the fact that the zipper had a larger hard plastic part than the zipper I used in my trial run. Next time i will try the tutorial by Sherry, which looks less complicated than what I did.
For securing the vent in the back I used the instructions from Els (sewing diva’s blog), with a piece of the fabric straight of grain.
Another version of this dress:
In the time between posting my first muslin and this last post on my dress, AnaJan from Serbia was inspired by the pattern and made a version of her own. I could work from the pattern, but she drafted her own pattern. With very good results. Take a look here for her dress.