Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Sweater with cables

Hello dear readers, nice to see you here again.

I've restyled my blog a little, not completely there yet but for the moment it's working. In my absence I've been sewing and knitting and will try to catch up a little. Quite a bit of what I did in sewing was basics like t-shirts, summer trousers etc. I'll skip those and in the upcoming posts I'll highlight a few more interesting garments.

This post is about a sweater (jumper in UK English) I knitted. Like the sweater I showed last year it's knitted with the ziggurat technique, developed by Asa Tricosa.
I simply love this way of knitting a sweater. It gives good opportunity to fit while knitting but most important: look at the way the armholes/sleeves are done. The definition of a seamline, but they are knitted (top down)  at the same time as the front and back of the sweater.







 


I incorporated the pattern Piper by Carol Sunday in a ziggurat (with a few minor adaptions). I loved combining this. Doing that is certainly keeping your mind of other worries!



11 comments:

  1. Hello, nice to see you again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echt prachtig breiwerk zeg. En leuk om je weer terug te zien. Ik lees de blogs in mijn reader van Wordpress dus ik zie normaal gesproken je lay-out niet, maar ik zal eens kijken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ook niet erg als je de lay-out niet ziet, je ziet blijkbaar mijn berichten/foto's. Dank voor je compliment.

      Delete
  3. Love your jumper! The cable design is so interesting. Lovely to see you blogging again as I have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Nice to see you in my inbox again Sigrid. I absolutely love this sweater! I recently bought Asa's book, but I have not had the time to start a sweater based on this technique. I would love to hear about your process for incorporating this technique into a pattern, when and if you are inclined to do so. Look forward to seeing new posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would recommend knitting one of the designs without incorporating too much details, just a center front/back detail for example as in my first try. That's not too difficult as it's easy to calculate the center of the stitches and work a not too wide pattern from there.
      Right now I'm trying to incorporate a complex cable off center, into the shoulder and that's not easy. Hope to get there but I'm not the one to instruct probably.

      Delete
  5. Its great to see you back :) You are so clever with that jumper (we call them that here in Australia too). It must have taken a lot of patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's so nice to be back and see familiar names in the comments :)

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy reading your blog, Sigrid. It is a gorgeous sweater that you have made. I am still working on learning better knitting skills and you are such an inspiration with your sewing and knitting for yourself.

    ReplyDelete