Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Vogue 1183 less formal

Vogue 1183 has been in my pattern collection for a long time. It's a lovely dress by Kay Unger. Very nice design lines with waist accent.


The only "problem": it's a more formal style and in my life I have only limited need for formal dresses.
At some point I was inspired to make this dress in denim and use topstitching in another color, as done on jeans. Unfortunately I didn't take notes on size used or changes made, I just have two pictures that I shared with my sewing friends on Whatsapp. I moved the center back zipper to the side and am certain that I took it in on the center back neckline, as I usually do. The waist is interfaced and has two layers of fabric to give it more stability.





It's a dress I loved to wear this summer. I did not line it and it was cool on a hot day. As you can see in the first picture the fabric was not very thick. For me a good combination of fabric and pattern.

12 comments:

  1. I love your new dress! I'm trying to think of other fabrics to use for some of my formal patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! The topstitching really highlights those beautiful design lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooie jurk is het in denim. Slimme stofkeuze

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that pattern too and yet to make it up. The denim looks great in that style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea! It looks so sharp in the denim twill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great way to rethink a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your idea and will try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Hope everything is fine! Beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't beat a denim classic for upping the wardrobe possibilities. Beautiful work as always, Sigrid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see you back Sigrid. Did you realise that your nexdt and previous buttons are the worng way round? I clicked next and on the cable sweater post and was taken back to MArch 2019.
    Also, I don't know if it is intentional but your posts don't feed all the way through to feedly.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for mentioning this. I was not aware of it and have now changed it. I used a theme that was available online and apparently there was a glitch in the xml-coding.
      I'm not intentionally adding any code to limit what you can see in Feedly or any other reader. So I think I can't change the way my posts are shown.

      Delete