A no picture post, which is an exception for me. I’m so disappointed in my sewing lately, I seem to sew more wadders or clothes that I don’t love/like than clothes I like to wear.
The result of past months (and on most I haven’t blogged before because of the disappointment):
- Wrap blouse from Burda September 2011: shoulders were too wide, more drop-down style. Could be remedied by adding little pleats in the front and back. But the front doesn’t suit my figure. The back is fitted, the front should be changed to a more fitted style. Still thinking about how to change the front, because I love the fabric.
- Knip Mode pants: wadder, fabric too stiff, fit no good at all
- Knip Mode top from the May issue: pattern basically OK, but style no good on me
- Pair of trousers of beautiful linen/silk: I put on a straight waistband that’s too stiff and I should have used a shaped waistband instead (can I still change that?)
- T-shirt of which the neckline is too wide because I didn’t realize that the new neckbinding technique needed a seam allowance and I had cut that off in my pattern. It’s fine under a jacket, so not lost. But not motivating.
- Pair of blue linen trousers, which I almost finished this evening. Good fit, but seems a bit high in the waist. Also the blue color I liked so much at the bolt, is reminding me when I wear it of a workman’s overall (no offence meant, just not the style I’m looking for).
Has this ever happened to you? What could/should I do to get back into sewing things I love? There’s the Chanel style jacket to be finished, and I love it till now, but my need in general is for more casual clothes .