Saturday, March 7, 2009

02-2009-108

 

I don't know what to think of this print on me, but it will certainly be ok with a black cardigan. I was in the mood for something simple this afternoon, and thought I might as well make this top, of which the neckline is the appealing part. But, as you can see, it's the problem right away, as it slides a bit to my left in the picture.

Reading the reviews I saw that the neckline gave problems, and the sleeves are set-in sleeves, with a higher cap. I changed the top of the sleeve and the armholes using the Jalie 2449 pattern, which is perfect for me.

For the neckline I made a facing like this:

In this way there is no extra bulk at the shoulder seams, as the seam of the facing is on center back. I understitched the facing.  There is no stretch left this way, but with the width of the neckline, that's no big deal.

 

12 comments:

  1. I think the print is very pretty. It would also go well with gray, khaki, or cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it has a perfect fit. You could have a whole wardrobe of these go with anything tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right the neckline is really appealing.I like the print too and it's nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool top, Sigrid! The neckline facing is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabric and very well processed, the prints fit so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great little top - like the neckline, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think anyone can go wrong with a bateau neckline--it's very flattering. I like this top on you, including the print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would look great under a suit jacket too! The style is perfect for the busy print I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I like the print of the top and can see it being very versatile in a wardrobe. Thank you for showing this top and the details of your changes. I was thinking about this one, but was feared the wide neckline wouldn't work for me. I didn't realize it had a higher shoulder cap until you mentioned it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an inspiration, I have been reading your blog for quite a while. All your projects are well constructed and you put great attention to every detail. This is another beautiful blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that print; black and white prints are always classy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it and you did a great job, adding a facing and altering the sleeve cap!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to have feedback on what I'm posting about. All comments, also positive criticism, are always highly appreciated.
Leuk als je een berichtje schrijft, altijd leuk om te lezen, ook opbouwende kritiek!