Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Christia pants

Last week I showed you how I did the cuff on the pair of pants I was making and today I can show the finished result. It’s made in a linen with some stretch. It may not be the best style on me but I don’t think it’s that bad either. I like it for summer.

 

P5030224   P5030228

P5030227    P5030226

It even has pockets that work well. Often this style of pockets stands away from my body because of the curve in my figure but these are more narrow, a straighter angle if you know what I mean.

This is how I did the pocket edge. This is a pattern piece that is not mentioned in the overview of included pattern  pieces but it’s there and if I understand StyleArc correctly it has to be cut from fusible interfacing and applied to the pocket edge (the instructions talk about pocket edge, pocket bearer and pocket bag. Not intuitive to me and I’m glad I know how to construct a pocket without instructions). As I prefer the pocket lining of a thin fabric (lining or cotton) I cut the pocket edge of the garment fabric and from a piece of silk organza. The edge of the pocket was on the straight of grain of the organza. This way I make sure there is no stretch in the pocket opening. I placed it on top of the pocket lining and treated it as one layer during construction. This way there is no lining fabric visible if the pocket is open a bit.

pocket edge

I did not make the side zipper all the way up to the waistband. I could not find a long enough zipper in the right colour and decided to make buttons in the waistband. Improvising a little here as the waistband had already been cut and I could not re-cut. A little hole is visible above the zipper but it’s not bothering me too much.Will probably wear it with a top over the waistband anyhow.

To conclude: a nice pattern that I only had to tweak a little. I had to heighten 2 cm and take in a bit at center back plus I made a contour/shaped waistband to get a good fitting waistband.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice pants! You haven't made any in awhile and these look good. I am intrigued that the side front pockets actually stay closed! I have given up on these since that always open. I'll have to see if narrowing the opening helps. I wouldn't mind having a place to put my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the perfect pant for summer...make 2 more and you'll be set! They are flattering as well, and so stylish for this season. Like your attention to detail, especially in the pocket area....guess those buttons aren't necessary but a nice touch. Appreciate you spotlighting this pattern, it just flew by me, now plan to take a closer look. Laura, a new reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and they look great with those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The finish product is so cute, I will definitely try this do you think I can use a different Dressmaking Fabrics for it? The color you chose is great but I would love to try it with a different kind of fabric.

    ReplyDelete