Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sisterhood award

image

Lori (Girls in the garden) gave me this award. She said this about the award: "I feel it is so appropriate for blogland, many other sewers and crafters with blogs and are always so willing to help."

And I can only agree, I love the name of this award.


The rules of this award are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!

The difficult part: how to choose from a list of more than 140 blogfeeds? But this time I won't break the rules like I did last time, and share a couple of favorites and inspiring blogs. Some of them will have been mentioned, I'm not taking time to check.

  1. Tany - Couture et tricot, always the most inspiring high end garments, and sharing with us with so many pictures also of the details of construction.
  2. Melissa - Fehr trade, going through a difficult time, but cheerful blog posts and a lot of great garments.
  3. Lindsay T sews, sewing the most gorgeous jackets and coats lately, that I immediately want to steal from her!
  4. Allison C Sewing gallery - one of the BWOF addicts (?) making great garments with a lot of style
  5. Brigitte - Bubblegum for breakfast - on the couture road, very inspiring and I'm still in awe of the Chanel-style jacket she made a few months ago.
  6. Deepika - not writing too often on her blog, but she deserves this award for starting Pattern Review and maintaining this wonderful site
  7. Carolyn - Diary of a Sewing fanatic - one of the ladies with a clear opinion and not shy to share it with us. I like her style of writing and the way she works with tnt patterns and coordinating wardrobe pieces
  8. Summerset - Pins and needles - sewing the most wonderful art garments and beautiful clothes for herself and her family, sharing the process of all she does with so much detail
    and finally two Dutch sewing sisters, at least as addicted to sewing lingerie as I am:
  9. SimoneAnnemore - initiator of a Dutch lingerie-forum
  10. Jos - creaBH, inspiring lingerie too and taking the lead in a sew-along here "The red camisole" which will start end of March.

and .... and .... and ...


3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Sigrid, I am flabbergasted and honored at the same time by your award. Thank you!!

    I hope a lot of people will join the Red Camisole / 't Rooie Hempje activity(rooiehempje.creabh.nl).

    Bye, Jos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigrid, thanks! And I want everything you make too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Sigrid, you deserve it.

    greetings, Paco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, both for the award and for your kind words, I will do my best to live up to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Sigrid. You are one the ultimate sisters of the sewing/bloggers sharing your sewing experiences and techniques.
    Cennetta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sigrid, you deserve more than one award, so I gave you another one! Keep up your good work, Jos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much sigrid - you're right I am a bit of a BWOF addict too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that print. It is really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete