First of all I want to thank you all for the nice comments on my daughters coat, both here and on PatternReview. I had not expected to have so many reactions, and it feels very nice that something I made and posted about is so well liked.
Initially I wanted to go for a good walk on the beach today, but the weather was really bad here. Storm and heavy rain, so we didn't go. Good side to that: there was sewing time.
DD had another project in mind, and we made this together this afternoon. Aren't those DD's sweet, always wanting something new, even when you just finished her a coat! Just kidding, I really like it and am a bit sorry for my son. He's certainly not lacking in clothes (or attention), but the last time I made him something must be over two years ago, jeans and printed sweatshirts are his favourite. And I can buy them more easily than make them.
DD had seen the shirt on the left on the internet, but wanted long sleeves, tight on the bottom part, and puffing above that. Not so difficult. Based on the positive experience with Ottobre patterns, I let her trace her size (38) from issue 2/2007. For those who have this issue: we took front and back from pattern no. 2 and added 15 cm in the length. The sleeve with puff is from pattern no. 4/5, lengthened till below the elbow, then a narrow, just fitting square for the bottom part. The front neckline was made a bit deeper. This is the result partly done by her, partly by me.
For myself I cut two muslins. I am going to do the Stitch-and-flip jacket class on PR and I want to do BWOF 2007-11-114 in this class. The pattern must be made to fit before class.
The other muslin I cut is for BWOF 2007-08-115. Below you see the fabric I have for this, bought at EmmaOneSock. The jacket is special, and I'm not sure the style will be good on me. That's why I decided to make a muslin first. I would be very sorry to have this fabric end up in a garment I will not wear.