Tuesday, January 21, 2020

An old pattern - Jalie 2449

These two tops I made recently. The pattern is Jalie 2449, a faux wrap top. I bought and made this pattern for the first time in 2007. It's no longer available.

I bought the wonderful blue/white border print at Croft Mill fabric in the UK and thinking about how to use it I remembered a famous wrap top from BurdaStyle January 2008. There was not enough fabric for that one and rummaging through my patterns I found this one again. I liked it so much that I made another one.









On the second version The neckline is heightened about 1 cm above the bust, giving just a bit more coverage. It's a minimal change. Other than that I used the pattern as it was traced/changed in my pattern stash. It had notes on it and at the time I made it a bit longer and widened the sleeves.

Sewing a top like this is an afternoon project ;).

11 comments:

  1. Definitely great fabric. It's nice when you can make a top so quickly and look this good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pattern is really flattering on you Sigrid. Love both versions but the black & white is just striking. It's a top that can be dressed up or down as the case requires. That they were so quick to make is an added bonus.

    I have that pattern although have never made it up but you've inspired me now to pull it out. Our figures and sizing are very, very similar so it's always a treat to see your makes and they often send me happily down the proverbial rabbit hole! Gayle in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top is a style that always seems in fashion. Both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular fabric and this top is so pretty on you. The fit is divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's nice when you can get back to a pattern where the (this time few) adjustments are already done.

      Delete
  5. This is the perfect pattern to highlight the border print. The top looks fabulous. I googled the pattern and realize I had made it long ago, and still have the pattern in my pattern library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a bit of time to consider what was a good pattern for this print. Glad I found this one. Perhaps you should make this pattern again too?

      Delete
  6. Thank you. Definitely a classic style, should have made more over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete