Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Sewing lingerie again

Lingerie sewing has been on the backburner for a pretty long time. Somehow I didn't feel inspired and a complete failure with a bra last year didn't help. The bra below was finished last week. It had been cut months ago (March?) and was around in my sewing room since.





I didn't use a pattern, but copied a rtw bra that has a good fit. A good way to start sewing lingerie again, as a lot of the patterns I used before are not the perfect fit any more. So the quest for good fitting bra patterns starts again. I'm in the middle of trying a new pattern (and new to me indie designer) for a bra and I hope to be able to show you the results soon.

I went to the famous Kantje Boord shop in Amsterdam today. The best source for inspiration too. And of course lovely fabrics! My intention was to buy black based lace. Think I've succeeded ;).




11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Sewing a bra that actually fits is a dream I hope to make come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to have you back blogging. We all have disappointing projects and discouragement and a rest can be helpful. Isn't Kantjeboord amazing? I had a trip there last December and am planning another one this November. I am now making my own underwear. I learnt HOW on a commercial pattern but did not find the results comfortable so cloned a RTW bra. With several attempts until I was happy, I now enjoy wearing the results and feel pride in having top-to-toe bespoke (ie me made) clothes. The orange lace will be very patriotic for you as well as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kantje Boord is amazing indeed. If you go there and would like company, I always love to go, of course if my schedule allows.

      Delete
  3. I went to a lingerie workshop for two days this year but it was a disaster. I still have not blogged about it as I feel a bit ashamed about it. Sewing lingerie is a different skill and the fitting of a bra for older ladies like me is quite difficult

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fitting a bra can be difficult, not only for older (though you're not old) ladies. I have experienced some change and have had a difficult time too to get it right again. After sewing many, many bras!

      Delete
  4. Stunning! These are going to be the most faulous lingerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to have you in the blogosphere once again! You were missed as were your awesome lingerie efforts. Your fabrics portend some gorgeous bras ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And in general thank you all for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete