Friday, July 13, 2018

Summer!

July already. It’s hot and dry in our country for weeks on end. Very uncommon. It gives the nice summer feeling though and a lot to do in the garden and my allotment too. It takes some time to water it all, not all plants thrive as they would normally, others do much better. I’m already picking the loveliest tomatoes from our plot (there’s a greenhouse where I grow them) and looking forward to tasting a few special varieties that need a bit more time. But hey, that’s not what you’re reading my blog for. I’ve been sewing a little too.

An update on the Burda dress from the June issue I started before my holiday: I didn’t like the baby blue on me and it’s been laying around for weeks. As I write this it’s in the washing machine after having dyed the partial constructed dress. If I like the result I will finish it, otherwise it will be the bin.

The blouse I show today is a pattern I’ve used very often before. It’s an adapted Ottobre pattern that I like for summer. This fabric is very fluid, which makes the neckline a bit too deep for everyday wearing. Must remember to adapt the pattern.

I call this my “crazy fabric” as it’s totally not my normal style. Something I do sometimes for summer tops, not on purpose, but I made this top in a “not me” print several years ago too.

P7011580P7011579

The fabric has a visual illusion: it looks like tucks but it’s all printed. Several people have thought it was a special sewing treatment by me: none at all!

5 comments:

  1. Love the print of your new blouse. Hope the dyeing works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crazy fabric is really great, and the blouse looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like your colorful fabric! Just tell people it's your "summer of love" blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think thoughts about gardening and weather in your country are very interesting! So continue as you like, it is your blog. That material is wild! Like a trompe l'oeil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoy the thoughts about gardening and weather as every country is different. Love your "crazy fabric" blouse, the illusion of the tucks is amazing and so bright and lovely for summer. Fingers crossed the dye works on your dress.

    ReplyDelete