Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Lekala blouse

As some of you already thought, sewing is a bit low on the priority list at the moment. Which is bad, as I absolutely need new clothes. Yes, I know, there should be enough but I’m missing a few things to get good combinations.

A nice, easy to make pattern is helpful when time is an issue. I didn’t take the time to draft myself but bought a Lekala blouse pattern that I liked.

4619 line drawing

Their prices are low and for me their way of making a pattern seems to work. The winter coat was good (worn it very often) and this blouse is a good basic. Shoulder princess seams, shawl collar, clean lines.

I made it from fabric that was gifted to me by a sewing friend during our annual sewing retreat in Canterbury. She thought it was a “Sigrid” fabric and she was right. Said something along the same lines being “me fabric” in my previous post, think I’m quite predictable in what I like and what I don’t like. Good thing probably, though I’m looking for a bit more colour in my spring clothes.

This fabric has a graphic print with lines that are not continuous. I think it give a very nice effect to the blouse. I’m very pleased with the result.

Samira, thank you again!

 

4619 frontDSC_0392

4619 back

12 comments:

  1. I like it, especially the seaming and the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pattern and nice placing of the print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lines of the pattern and in the fabric! It's a good combination.
    I've heard that you send your measures to Lekala and the send you the pdf pattern, is that right?
    Have you used a lot the Lekala patterns? Can you recommend them? Do they have instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Esther (and others interested): on the Lekala website you enter the measurements length, bust, waist, hip as basic measurements. If you want to you can give extra details on other tabs. I made a coat from a Lekala pattern in November (http://sigridsewingprojects.blogspot.nl/2016/11/the-coat-revealed.html) and was very pleased with the fit. For this coat I gave as extra detail that my arms are longer. I needed no change in the sleeve length any more, which is normal for any other pattern company for me. That said, it can differ: my friend bought and made the same coat pattern (based on her measurements, not my pattern) but she's quite a bit shorter. General fit was ok for her too, but the pockets were positioned at the wrong place (much too low). She was able to correct it, but it's something to be aware of. I don't know whether these errors with different lengths of people are common or that is was just a mistake in this pattern. Hope this information helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post, Sigrid! I love this blouse, it is just my style, and I have wondered a lot about Lekala patterns. I am soon to have a Russian DIL, so I really have thought about this a lot recently, since I wondered if the instructions, if any, were in Russian. Do they provide any instructions? I think this is a very stylish, classic blouse that you have made look modern with this fabric. Great blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice blouse, Sigrid. I love how the black bar is your center front, nice touch. It fits very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blouse, Sigrid. It looks so fresh and ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an amazing blouse you have made <3 its lovely and i like everything about it dear. you are very talented, keep up the good work and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was my pleasure, Sigrid! You have made a fantastic blouse and really made the fabric sing! I love it!!!!! I´m glad to have given it to you, it suits you perfectly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blouse and the print has worked perfectly in this style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabric design is beautiful. You have stiched it so perfectly that nobody can say its home made. It looks like a designer made. I am a great fan of your blogs about sewing. Thanks also for sharing the method.

    ReplyDelete