Sewing is slow at the moment, there’s just too much other things going on. I only managed to work on my jacket tonight. I finished the collar using the technique described in an old Threads magazine (no 68). I’ve used this method since Nancy K once mentioned it to me and it works so well.
Having drafted the jacket and the collar myself I’m quite pleased to see how well everything comes together. It’s nice to become more confident in drafting and changing patterns.
The upper collar is larger because turn of cloth. Only the trim pulls it together slightly, though the effect in the picture is more significant than in real life. Perhaps it can be steamed out in final pressing.
In this last picture the collar is flat on my table. You can see the extra space in the upper collar.