It’s a weekend here with storm and lots of rain. Perfect excuse to sew. In my want to sew list was this skirt:
A Marni skirt shown at Net-a-porter. It’s no longer at their site, the screenshot is from some time in March. The description of the fabric was remarkable: “woven with a touch of breathable linen”. I loved the skirt but apart from not fitting in rtw pencil skirts the price tag of $1,100 did not speak in its favor either.
Some details in screenshots:
My version. Based on a pencil skirt pattern I drafted. Very happy with that, no alterations at all to the basic shape of the skirt.
I now see that the knot with bow was intended a bit more to the center, but it’s fine as it is. The color of the fabric is not showing very well in the pictures. It is a tan/grey/white mixture but looks rather dull here, especially in the photos I’m wearing the skirt. Of course different proportions, I’m not as thin as the model.
This is the way I cut the ruffles in the front. I could only find one picture on the internet showing how I did this, so I use that because I forgot to make a picture during construction myself.
The fabric (pure linen) is from my stash and will have cost 20 euro at the most. Quite a bargain compared to the original.
I love the result, now hoping to have weather soon to wear it.
Accounting for two other garments from Burda magazine: a pair of pants and a jacket. The jacket is from the June 2018 issue, number 104. ...
Edit to make this post only about the technique, not my ramblings on other subjects. This is about making a sleeveless cowl neck top with ...
In this post I'll describe how to line a vest. This description is based on the technique that is described in a Burda sewing book I hav...
Edited to add: I've made a pdf file for these instructions. You can find it here . As mentioned when I started this blog, I like to...