It took me ages to finish the jacket. This was not because of the pattern, it isn’t that difficult. You know how it goes: other priorities, the weather was very good for a few weeks with summer temperatures here, not the weather to sew a winter jacket and more of such things. It also made/makes me reading only very few blog posts of other bloggers, rarely commenting too. I apologize for that, I love to read on sewing and get inspiration from all of you who blog.It’s just the way it is right now.
This is the result on me:
I’ve sewn a black pair of trousers (very much needed) as well, but they still needed a final press. Today a family member was available to make pictures during daylight, so you see it with my old jeans and I didn’t bother for the black trousers to be pressed first ;).
Back and side view. I might add a chain to the hem as in a Chanel jacket. This fabric might need it, especially in the back. I took out some space from center back. After doing the muslin I added a fba and did not make a new muslin. Then when the body was made it was too wide in the back. It already showed a little in the muslin, but after adding to the front it was too much.
The very bright fuchsia lining:
Sleeve detail. In this picture you can see the fabric and its colors best.
Mostly I followed the instructions, only added hair canvas interfacing on part of the front and a back stay of silk organza, which I’ve done in previous jackets. It is a really nice pattern and I would like to make it in a plain fabric sometime, which will show the darts better.
The review on Pattern Review is here.